Belling the CAT - I

Tomorrow I will be taking the CAT. For the uninitiated, the CAT is an acronym for the Common Entrance Test, clearing which might open a path leading to admissions in the coveted IIMs. Like lakhs of others, between 10:30 am to 1pm, I will be ploughing through excruciating passages in English, trying to comprehend the tangled and hidden meanings and inferences in them. I will be solving problems in Math like what is the remainder when 21^(21^21(..(21 times) is divided by 25. (BTW, the answer is 21) . And I will be trying to establish conclusively whose father is whose son and whose aunt is whose sister as an exercise in Logical reasoning.

The CAT is not a test of what it seems to be at first. Nobody cares whether you can sucessfully find out the remainder when some x is divided by y. You have calculators to do that. I sincerely believe even the author of the passage will not be able to answer the questions that are asked on her work. Rather, the CAT is a test of how you prioritize your time, how you make your decisions in quick time, and how you handle pressure. That is all there is to it. Of course, the basics need to be there.

Good luck to me and all the other CAT takers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gurgaon

ReactOS

Philips Innovation Campus