Banerghatta National Park

On Saturday I visited Banerghatta National Park, and on the way riding on the cheapest public transport I have ever used in my life. I traveled in BMTC's Vayu Vajra bus, from Majestic to Banerghatta (A distance of at least 15 kms), with AC and all, for a mere Rs. 1. It turns our the BMTC had a scheme for 4 days to sell all AC bus tickets for Rs 1, in an attempt to divert the public's travel preferences from private transport to public. I am not sure that's going to work, nobody in the bus (filled with giggly school girls and awed adults) seemed interested to continue once the fare returned to their normal astronomical selves.

The National Park is really worth visiting once at least. It has a Grand safari where one can see lions, tigers, white tigers, bears etc. They also have a unique butterfly park and information centre. The zoo is also good and the animals seemed to be well taken care of. I'll be posting some pics in a later post.

I saw the movie 'Memento' a few days ago. Liked it immensely . The whole film is shot backwards, with the final scene in the beginning and the beginning at the end, but still making sense. It is directed by Christopher Nolan, the same guy who directed "The Dark Knight" and "The Prestige". I haven't seen both, and I intend to as soon as I can lay my hands on it.

Comments

had been there with uma maushi earlier.. decent place.

chhan movies aahet donhi...

ani pariksha kashi hoti?
Anonymous said…
ob u liked the national park as u could see ppl of ur breed!staying away from dog,mouse and frog from a long time :(

Popular posts from this blog

Gurgaon

ReactOS

Philips Innovation Campus