Yod'm3D



Thats my Windows desktop! Cool isn't it? Possible thanks to Yod'm3D (Yet anOther Desktop Manager).

"Yod'm 3D is a virtual desktop manager available for Windows 2000, XP and Vista. It is notably the first program to offer a cube-style virtual desktop management feature on Windows operating systems.It offers a "cube-effect" like e.g. VirtueDesktops for Mac OS X or Compiz and Beryl for the X Window System when switching between virtual desktops. It's the first desktop manager that makes this feature available on Microsoft Windows. Yod'm 3D makes use of and requires DirectX 9 in contrast to most other virtual desktop managers that use OpenGL. It does not require installation to run."

You can get it here.

WinFlip
is another application that you might want to check out if you like desktop effects. It provides for Vista-like flips between running applications, and does it really well. But it is a bit unstable crashing arbitrarily sometimes (doesn't hang Windows though). While using it the printscreen button fails to work, so I am not able to post any screenshot here. :(

Tried out Google Chrome, it has still some way to go before it can replace Firefox at least for me.

My current favorite track : 'Dream on' by Aerosmith.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I still can't believe you are up to all this childish stuff.....desk top cubes serve the purpose of showing them to kids( probably below 2 yrs ) when then start their cry or don't eat food....its for kids....grow up!
Disable all the silly effects and get your system tuned up to perform better!
Well, actually I use Yod'm3D only for one day to take that snapshot, because I rather have performance than effects on my laptop. This was just an informational post. I just thought it was cool to have people on windows who want effects to get them.

Though I would admit that if I had 4 Gigs of ram with an Nvidia geforce card I wouldn't mind in the least to keep the software on my comp. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Gurgaon

ReactOS

Philips Innovation Campus